Help Teenagers Manage Their Money
Make a connection with teenagers that can lead to long-term, loyal members. Guides to IndependenceTM will teach teenagers how to use your products and services wisely, creating a strong link with a young market extremely loyal to their first financial institution.
Guides to Independence is a Web tool with a series of interactive courses, activities and quizzes that teach teenagers money management skills in a quick and fun format. Topics specific to teens include buying a used car, getting a loan, shopping, paying for school and more. Guides to Independence courses are not boring lectures. They're a series of online tutorials that guide teenagers to financial freedom.
High school students that want to learn how to spend - and manage - their money.
- Making a connection with teenagers can lead to long-term, loyal members. Statistics show that people stay with their first financial institution for seven to nine years. Read more about why CUs Need a Youth Movement in this Credit Union Magazine feature article.
- Teen spending is projected to grow 3.5 percent annually, increasing from $79.7 billion in 2006 to $91.1 billion in 2011. Teens will need credit cards, debit cards, checking accounts, loans and other services from your credit union.Guides to Independence courses will teach them to spend their money wisely - and that the credit union is the place to go for financial advice.
- Teenagers learn through simulations, games, quizzes and interactions among college-age charactersappealing role models who solve their money management problems with help from their friends, experts and their credit union. Meet the student guides.
- Each course takes 20 minutesor lessto complete. See a course list
- Track participation rates - see who has completed what courses and determine how well your marketing efforts work
- Place a customized a message on the certificate of completion and increase product and service sales. For example, use the certificate as a "coupon" with an offer for free checks when a new account is opened.
- Customize Guides to Independence courses! Keep your products and services in mind and brand your credit union as a source for valuable financial information by adding your credit union's name and links to your Web site on all course pages.
Product Details Learn more about Guides to Independence.
Marketing Materials Subscribers have access to FREE ready-to-use, customizable marketing materials to help drive members to Guides to Independence.
Frequently Asked Questions Find answers to common questions about Guides to Independence.
Related Resources View all eight CUNA onlineEDGE products designed for your members.
|An annual subscription to Guides to Independence is $945 for credit unions with greater than $20 million in assets, and only $650 for those with $20 million or less. Want a product tour and special pricing? Call Darlene at 800-356-9655, ext. 4344.|