CUNA Regulatory Comment Call
January 27, 2000
Comment Period for Ergonomics Rule Extended until March 2.
- On November 23, 1999, the Occupational Safety and Health Administration published its ergonomics proposal, which is designed to help prevent work-related musculoskeletal disorders, such as an injury of the muscles, tendons, joints, etc. due to repeated motions or overexertion.
- The comment period has been extended until March 2, 2000.
- Many credit unions will not be affected by the rule and for others, it will have only a limited application. However, there are some credit unions with employees who are involved in manual handling jobs, such as those who sort, handle and deliver packages, that need to be aware of the standard for those employees.
- CUNA will be coordinating the development of comments with the Chamber of Commerce, the American Association of Society Executives and other similar organizations.
- Click here for CUNAs Comment Call, which contains links to other websites that provide additional information.
- If you have questions about the standard or want to share your concerns, contact CUNA Associate General Counsel Mary Dunn at email@example.com or by telephone at (202) 218-7769.
Eric Richard General Counsel (202) 508-6742 firstname.lastname@example.org |
Mary Mitchell Dunn SVP & Associate General Counsel (202) 508-6736 email@example.com
Jeffrey Bloch Assistant General Counsel (202) 508-6732 firstname.lastname@example.org
Catherine Orr Senior Regulatory Counsel (202) 508-6743 email@example.com