CUNA Regulatory Comment Call
February 23, 2006
NCUAs Request for Comment on the Submission to OMB for Review of the Pilot Program to Measure Service to Members
- The National Credit Union Administration (NCUA) is requesting comments on its pilot program for collecting data from a sample of federal credit unions as a means to measure service to members of modest means. This is in connection with NCUAs submission to the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) for review and clearance of its request to collect the information, which is required under the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995. NCUA has requested comments as part of this process.
- NCUA recently announced that it will gather information from 481 federal credit unions regarding service to members. This initiative is in response to questions on this issue that were raised during the November 3, 2005 Congressional hearing on the credit union tax exemption.
- The data collection will focus on the following three areas:
- Compensation levels for the top three executives in the credit union.
- An estimate of income levels of credit union members.
- Other information the credit union may have regarding service to members of modest means.
- The data will be collected as part of the examination process. It will be collected on an aggregate basis, and NCUA has provided assurances that the information will be kept strictly confidential. More information from NCUA about this process can be found here.
- In the submission to OMB, NCUA has estimated that it will take one hour for each federal credit union to provide the requested information.
Comments must be submitted on or before February 28, 2006. If submitting comments
directly to NCUA, please direct them to the following:
Mr. Neil McNamara
National Credit Union Administration
1775 Duke Street
Alexandria, Virginia 22314-3428
Phone: (703) 518-6447
Fax: (703) 518-6489
- Please also feel free to fax your responses to CUNA at 202-638-7052; e-mail them to Senior Vice President and Associate General Counsel Mary Dunn at email@example.com and to Senior Assistant General Counsel Jeff Bloch at firstname.lastname@example.org; or mail them to Mary and Jeff in c/o CUNAs Regulatory Advocacy Department, 601 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW, South Building, Suite 600, Washington, DC 20004-2601. You may also contact us at 800-356-9655, ext. 6032, if you would like a copy of the request for comment, or you may access it here.
QUESTIONS TO CONSIDER REGARDING NCUAs PILOT PROGRAM AND REQUEST FOR REVIEW FROM OMB
- Do you believe one hour is an accurate estimate of the time necessary to
collect the requested information? What would be your estimate of the time
necessary to provide this information?
- Other comments?
Eric Richard General Counsel (202) 508-6742 email@example.com |
Mary Mitchell Dunn SVP & Deputy General Counsel (202) 508-6736 firstname.lastname@example.org
Jeffrey Bloch Assistant General Counsel (202) 508-6732 email@example.com
Lilly Thomas Assistant General Counsel (202) 508-6733 firstname.lastname@example.org
Catherine Orr Senior Regulatory Counsel (202) 508-6743 email@example.com