CUNA Regulatory Comment Call
July 16, 2004
FTC Issues Summaries of Rights and Notices of Duties Under the FCRA and FACT Act
- The Federal Trade Commission (FTC) has published for public comment two summaries of rights and two notices of duties that are required under the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA), as amended by the Fair and Accurate Credit Transactions (FACT) Act. These documents will be distributed by credit reporting agencies (CRAs), not by credit unions.
- The two proposals regarding the summaries of rights are:
- A new summary of rights of identity theft victims under the FCRA.
- Revisions to the current summary of general consumer rights under the FCRA.
- The two proposals regarding the notices are:
- Revisions to the current notice on the FCRA duties of furnishers of information to CRAs.
- Revisions to the current notice on the duties of users of information from CRAs.
- Comments are due to the FTC by August 16, 2004. If you would like a copy of the FTCs request, please access it on the Internet at the following address, which also provides detailed information on how to submit comments:
- Please provide CUNA with a copy of your comments. You may fax your responses to CUNA at 202-638-7052; e-mail them to Associate General Counsel Mary Dunn at email@example.com and to Assistant General Counsel Jeff Bloch at firstname.lastname@example.org; or mail them to Mary and Jeff in c/o CUNAs Regulatory Advocacy Department, 601 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW, South Building, Suite 600, Washington, DC 20004-2601.
Eric Richard General Counsel (202) 508-6742 email@example.com |
Mary Mitchell Dunn SVP & Associate General Counsel (202) 508-6736 firstname.lastname@example.org
Jeffrey Bloch Assistant General Counsel (202) 508-6732 email@example.com
Michelle Profit Assistant General Counsel (202) 508-6733 firstname.lastname@example.org
Catherine Orr Senior Regulatory Counsel (202) 508-6743 email@example.com