CUNA Regulatory Comment Call
October 5, 2001
Fed to Review Credit Card Rules under Regulation Z - Truth in Lending Act
- The Federal Reserve Board (Feds) Consumer Advisory Council (CAC) is meeting on October 25, 2001. The CACs membership includes representatives from financial institutions, consumer and community organizations, state governments, and academia. The group meets three times a year to advise the Fed on consumer protection issues. There is usually one member of the CAC that is from the credit union movement.
- One of the items on the agenda for the meeting on October 25th is a discussion of the credit card rules under Regulation Z, the Truth in Lending Act (TILA), in an effort to identify possible regulatory changes.
- In addition to the discussion during the meeting, the Fed is open to receiving written comments on this issue. These written materials are reviewed by the Fed and distributed to the CAC members, as well as to the audience attending the meeting. The meetings are open to the public and are well attended.
- We are interested in receiving comments from credit unions to incorporate into written comments that we will provide to the Fed on or before the October 25th meeting. There is no limitation on the issues that may be raised, other than focusing specifically on the credit card rules under Regulation Z, TILA.
- Please submit your comments to CUNA by October 19. Please feel free to fax your responses to CUNA at 202-371-8240; e-mail them to Associate General Counsel Mary Dunn at firstname.lastname@example.org or to Assistant General Counsel Jeffrey Bloch at email@example.com; or mail them to Mary or Jeff in c/o CUNAs Regulatory Advocacy Department, 805 15th Street, NW, Suite 300, Washington, DC 20005. You may also contact us if you need more information.
Eric Richard General Counsel (202) 508-6742 firstname.lastname@example.org |
Mary Mitchell Dunn SVP & Associate General Counsel (202) 508-6736 email@example.com
Jeffrey Bloch Assistant General Counsel (202) 508-6732 firstname.lastname@example.org
Catherine Orr Senior Regulatory Counsel (202) 508-6743 email@example.com