Round One: CFPB Rules - HOEPA, Escrows & Qualified Mortgages. A look at the Big Picture
January 30, 20131:303:30 p.m. Central Time
CUNA Volunteer Network members receive a $50 discount.
CUNA Council members receive a $50 discount.
Please note: Only one discount valid per webinar registration.
Credit unions with less than $10 million in assets receive a $50 discount. Apply promo code 0950SMALL during checkout.
During this webinar, you will learn:
Qualified Mortgage Rule
- What constitutes a 'qualified mortgage' under the new rule
- When a qualified mortgage is entitled to a safe harbor and when it is entitled to only a rebuttable presumption
- The ability to repay standard for non-qualified mortgages, the new rules on rural balloon payment mortgages, prepayment penalties, record retention and the concurrent proposal to create a special category of qualified mortgage for certain small creditors
- The new coverage test for high cost mortgages
- The new restrictions and requirements for high cost mortgages
- The new home ownership counseling requirements
- Changes to the requirement to establish an escrow account for higher-priced mortgages
- The exemption for small creditors in rural or underserved areas
You may also be interested in part-two of this hot-topic, Round Two: CFPB Rules - Mortgage Servicing & the Joint Agency Appraisal Rule - Answering the Questions.
Did you know...in addition to attending this event live, your tuition includes six months of unlimited access to the archived (recorded) event within 48 hours of the live event for your entire credit union. See the archived events available to you and your credit union.
CUNA Webinars use Adobe Connect to provide an interactive and convenient online learning environment. Whether you are a first time Adobe Connect user, or simply need a refresher, take a short tour. You'll learn how to effectively interact with the presenter and your peers during live webinars.
Can't attend at this time? Click here for the archived version.
Affiliation with CUNA/League is required for attendance.
As vice president of Regulatory Compliance for PolicyWorks, Andrea is responsible for the delivery of PolicyWorks' regulatory services and new product development while also working with individual credit unions to provide them with training and counsel on certain regulatory matters. In addition, Andrea assists credit unions with strategic compliance program management and is a nationally recognized speaker on credit union compliance issues. Prior to joining PolicyWorks, Andrea worked as a judicial clerk for the Iowa Court of Appeals.
For more program content information, call 800-356-9655, ext. 4249, or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
For registration questions, call 800-356-9655, ext. 4400, or e-mail email@example.com.